Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It is 2009 ~ This year I will SHINE . . .

Christmas happened; so did the start of 2009. I think I am almost at the start of the year, still getting it all together - but moving more and about to start hydrotherapy. Bit stir-bloody-crazy. It can be rather boring doing a lot of nothing.

Christmas was good ~ all of us together and no arguments. A few cold shoulders but really not my problem. It's not as if I have avoided anyone ~ although I did miss a January birthday. We remembered it was our anniversary while eating dinner on the night. 5 years married - 13 together. So it was a kiss across the table and on we go to the next one . . .


We've just 'hatched' 4 little chicks ~ Fred got a dozen eggs for Christmas, knowing we could get 12 to zero, and we put them under a very broody chook. It took 23 days, he delayed his holiday away with Nanny so as not to miss their arrival - but we missed all of them hatching - they just appeared and popped their little heads out from under mother hen. Very cool!!


Any way - just wanted to say HI. Still can't play on 'freecycle' as I cant drive to collect, and I really can't work in a 'normal' sense ~ too unreliable as some days are harder than others! Oh, things will be good when I can get back in the garden proper. Things just have costs at the moment, things that didn't this time last year. Oh and to bake...

Been visiting a friend's online cafe ~ the Serendipity Cafe! Way cool ~ peaceful and easy in this frantic world. Funny too! The chat all happens in the forum. Great place for recipes, planning, projects around the home, spiritual influences and general friendship & support as things get a little stressed and strained.


Might see if there are better layouts for blogging ~ I've seen some super stuff that use the whole page and want to have more space to write and pictures and recipes down the side in little sections...
Well I can see it . . .

Hope the heat hasn't got you too much the past few days ~ and you stay on top of it during this week! Chat soon.

1 comment:

rambling on rose said...

Hey Mands nice to meet you found this site thru Simple Savings. I wondered when reading your blog (sort of talking to myself kind of wonderings) if blogs, my own included, could benefit from a Any questions? box?

Don't ask me why I thought that I don't know. I wanted to make a comment and that's what popped up. A bit random eh but I'm like that.

Maybe it means something to you or maybe I have just made two people confused instead of one.

Loved the knew type font easier to read and friendlier I think

Winnie