Saturday, February 6, 2010

~ And what a week it was . . .

I think you will accept my apologies for lack of communication ~ and it was not for lack of trying...

MyMan has returned to work and straight into a national show. Fantastic times, around the nation (no Tassie but almost) so that meant I had to get things ready for back to school. So that was the exciting, jump in the car and we went to school to get the books and get a new top for Fred10.

Monday morning was just exhilarating ~ Fred10 and I were up, ready and on the road to school on time. The freedom was just as I hoped, we pulled into the carpark behind the hall and I watched as he trotted up the hill - bag on his back, the book box in his arms - turning at the top to wave bye. It was so awesome.

Had to pop to the uniform shop to collect Fred's new hat (they'd run out of 'huge'), grabbed a few magazines (naughty) and a big IceBreak (naughtier), filled the car with $30 petrol (gee - doesn't get you much these days, does it?!), it was straight home and regardless of whether I wanted to or not ~ I lay down to flick through my mags ... and went to sleep.

Did a little bit of work, but more in the 'not really here' category. Pretty sure I dozed after Fred10 was dropped off from school but we had chicken keiv for dinner, with frozen chips & salad. Tuesday morning was another success, ok - I did need the extra phone call to rouse me out of bed from VBGF and instead of going to the car park, we used the 2min drop off . . . and seriously, why dont people pull to the front of the pull over area - its only 2-3 extra car lengths to the gate with a clearer view . . . and straight home. Did potter a little ~ and Fred had been doing a rippa job with keeping the lounge area clear ~ and snoozed (thank you pain pills) and read and snoozed...

Lea was over with the boys - she took control of the kitchen kaos ~ I say with love MyMan flies in, starts to get things in order, sits down for 5mins and sleeps for a few hours thru exhaustion of the tour, cooks, catches up, cares and leaves with a 'so sorry for the mess' - so little time, so it is better to make it quality and *slap* ask for help *slap* ~ and together we nattered, made a sweet & sour port of sorts, wilted thru some asian greens, plus a snow peas & pinenut mix.

Wednesday I admit to opening the door and looking at that car with such hatrid and distain it wasn't funny. I didn't want to get in that fucking car. 'Scuse the language, but I really really did not want to do it - fuck I hated that car. Freedom ~~ riigght, sure - with conditions, and bloody painful ones at that. Honestly, we knew this was going to be too much too fast too often too soon. But its a case of too bad, situation/circumstances have changed and this is only the first week - it will get better? easier? less challenging?? I know it will - excuse me if I dont see it today...

Wednesday I did not doze, I did not sleep ~ I pushed through, I had to give it a go because it was rest that I needed, not sleep. Things still must happen, the day's go on . . . or by as the case may be. Actually it felt like things were getting - not exactly easier, just not harder. Did the chooks stuff, noticed that one of the cats seemed to have a rabbit tick or two again so grabbed him and covered his head in vaseline - it smothers the ticks. Things were done - we had spag bog for dinner.

Thursday - - it was hard - but we were up, and yet again on time. Actually, after the drop off I decided I really needed to keep the momentum going and stopped in at the bakery & shop and treated myself to another large IceBreak, apples, cantelope and a big chocolate donut with coloured sprinkles. I did look across at the new crystal/new age shop but honestly that could wait another day - and preferably an afternoon with Fred after school. Aiming mid March!

Thursday also brought MyMan home - a few tweaks of the show calls and they sent him home to rest. Thursday is now Fred's swimming lesson day and a mid week opportunity for me to do some gentle traction in the hydro pool (with the creepy old pervy men and the young tossers who have to tickle their giggly girlies who have to splash back with a high pitch 'stop it') and I was over the moon to know MyMan was going to be home in time to do school pick up and that drive!!

No comments: