Monday, January 11, 2010

2010 ~ It all starts again...

Yes ~ it did all slide last year. Recuperation is a long, lonely, strenuous and tiresome journey ~ but we on the up-hill battle of recovery getting stronger and more able each week.

HA!! No wheelchair for me! I still remember my osteo Michael saying 'if something didn't happen, you'll be in a wheelchair in the next 8-10 years'. That was in 1999 ~ ten years later that's where the choices were ~ thankfully the only wheelchair use has been at the QLD theme parks in Aug 09, post op, taking the holiday I won online.

Over the coming days, I'll be recording hopes, dreams, plans and goals. I need also to note a few of the things that happened during the past 6-7 months ~ our holiday for one; the veggie bed; on the recovery front; friends, family & revelations ~ plus whatever other crap filters in. :D


A life less ordinary

Reflecting a little, life changed for us in June 07 when, simultaneously, my role became redundant after a business restructure, Nan passed away, MudGuts went off the deep end and the answer for the five plus years of back pain was found to be 6 little fractures on vertebrae in my spine...

T'was a pretty big year! It was also a time when Fred enjoyed having a mum at home, the garden was giving us bountiful crops of veg and I didn't work for the first time in about 20yrs (give or take for baby absences). Learning to stop was difficult!! Slow down & relax were words that I hoped to understand as, until now, the idea was a little foreign for this spring-loaded, highly strung workaholic! And while I disliked the 'clique' nature of the work environments, I loved my team and my role in it while at Ambulance. But the place destroyed me. Wrecked me physically & emotionally ~ a last lesson before the relax.

More waffle to disperse ~ more waffle to drivvel ~ leavin you with images of the most decious Ice-cream Christmas pudding cakes, pavalova, fruit salad and fruit-tingel cocktails. MMmmmmm


Ice Cream Christmas Pudding cake

No comments: