Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Art of Decluttering...

I admit it ~ I have no talent when it comes to decluttering. I am a hoarder. But this too must change - - now!

When we first moved into our house, we promised that we'd be doing this, that and everything including a you-beaut garage sale. Well, the back dramas put a wee bit of a hold on most things, including the garage sale. Many times we've started to prepare ~~ and just as many times stopped.

SO - inspired by a Simple Savings challenge to de-clutter and get rid of 100 items - I'm going to start clearing out some stuff. Ultimately I'd like to see the GN250 gone, same as the station wagon - neither work but the bike is probably easier & cheaper to get back on the road.

Anyway ~ I'm going to run a list of things as I sell them and see how much can be raised over 100 items. First job tomorrow is going to be get a box of 'stuff' that don't have an assigned home. Heard a great line to help get the ol' clean up under way.

If IT is not where IT belongs - put IT where it goes.
If IT does not have a home - find IT a place to belong.
If IT has no where to go - then IT must go...



No comments: