Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Starts in sunshine; ends in storms

Eggstreme Eggagerations and Eggciting Eggsplosions 
Boy that was a downpour 
I have this theory if it is going to rain, or forecast to rain in the afternoon, you can be almost guaranteed that means school pick up time.  Just before, during or after you hop in the car to go pick up children from school, the bus terminal, the station through to the return home, there will be the start of rain. Usually it continues until you are home, inside and dry.  Today this theory again held true. *grins*

The day was off to a lovely start - sunshine, blue skies. Perfect for getting items sorted in the garage and bringing things out on to the lawn to put back in with the ability to access. Perfect for setting up the little roosters in the larger area of BigBed to scratch back the weeds while awaiting their turn for dinner duties. *gulps* We've been a bit 'chicken' here - both Husband and I remember the activity from our childhood - just not the nitty-gritty details. Google and BackYard Poultry have been helpful. Of course the promised arrival of MudGuts did not eventuate. Funny that we really were not counting on him...

As Husband waiting at school, he called to see if I had noticed the clouds. Noticed the clouds? More like felt the thunder rumbling up in the distance and heard it travel up the road like a truck. The clouds were barrelling in on two fronts with those rich, blue black clouds indicating a good old storm was in there. As the SmallBoy jumped out to deal with the gates, the heavens opened like a dam letting go of the excess. Husband rang to put the last few things on the lawn away and heaven's dam broke its banks. Thought that first rain was heavy - this was awesome. It's now raining at a more respectable, steady rate.


So tell us about the diet
Um yes, the diet. Meaning to eat food and gain weight. The one set up using the Happiness Diet and the premise of positivity to manage ones weight. Not good. Losing weight again because I am not eating again. The need is there, the concept has great key points, but the pilot programme has not even come together with a supportive continuation follow up or measurability method, plus those promoting the diet can't be counted on to cheer on, listen or follow the one's who dont 'fit' the success. 

I only blame myself for the actual 'failure to pick food up and stick it in my mouth' because that is the key factor to gaining weight. I've even made the sandwich, the toast, the cereal, the coffee and walked away without a bite or a sip - full in knowing it is there and made, then forgetting it is there and made. So again I've had the lethargy, the no-care just want to sleep because I have no fuel for energy. *smacks* Silly Mandy. At least it is a 'known' rather than not understanding why things were happening. Husband is going to 'ban' me from the computer if I don't get up in the morning, eat and go outside for at least 30mins. Until that occurs, no computer. A great idea, so long as he can put up with my complaining, this will succeed.

There are times I wish we did have an extra $50 each week just for groceries - I would buy fresh mangos, apples, cantaloupe, melons, salad mixes, fish, chicken, hams, cheeses, deli items, bakery delights that would excite the palate. Cheese on toast, baked beans, peanut butter sandwiches are great, but I really do need variety to find that urge to eat. Cant be bothered otherwise. I do like the green smoothies, but I've not got celery, capsicum, fresh tomatoes,  spinach, fresh herbs, pineapple, oranges, pears, kiwi or other fruits and greens that are needed. The garden will eventually give much of this to us, just not at the moment. *sighs*

Does poverty make you sick? Yes it does. What about low income, does that make you sick? Yes, again I think it does because low cost is not always good healthy value. It's not a savings to buy 'plastic cheese' or long life milk if you don't use it. That's a loss and a waste as both will ultimately require replacement. Sometimes buying the no-name or store wrap is the cheapest option, but waiting for the special on a 'nice' cheese means lower spending on foods that will be eaten. Often this still means a block of pongy cheese is out of budget - although occasionally it crops in the 66% off - almost out of date bucket providing a treat if within the budget and is definitely going to be used.

I'm not trying to provide an excuse as to why I don't eat. Lack of variety through lack of income is one aspect I don't eat what I like, but there is plenty here to eat for simply nourishment. So tomorrow I shall be up at about 730am, have breakfast with SmallBoy, make his lunch and do all that mummy-type stuff. *grins* It also means I know he is putting on a clean uniform and brushing his teeth properly. I will make some muffins and provide pictures as evidence.  I shall also make biscuit dough and photograph the rolls.  For lunch the fish patties and salad will be eaten on grainy bread. Dinner is the pie.  This I will do, and need to do for my own health and mental well-being.  I get so annoyed with myself sometimes.

Only four more sleeps to Powderfinger. I must check in with my sister about her plans and then to the Slatey Chick on her accommodation and catching up. Oooo - must put more champagne in the fridge - thank goodness for wine racks and medication - a fair bit of the red are now years older, but there's left over bubbles from last Christmas/New Year to use and this is most definitely one of those very special occasions requiring the special champagne.  Too excited.

I guess I should leave it here and go to bed. The time has come to get going. Tomorrow Husband is dropping past MudGuts to check the house has been tidied 'as promised'. It had better be clean. Then both will come back here to get the little boys new area set up and some of the heavy items in the garage moved. I really want to get the nice desk inside, but can't until some of the boxes from the spare room come out. Appointments all around for peoples tomorrow. Plus banking, bills and bartering. No time for Wednesday being Hump Day for us. 

Pop past Mands On A Mission, tell others to visit and make a donation into the Treasure Chest because the sooner our Mission is complete, the sooner our Dreams will be realised. I am so going to write a book if we get this debt paid down by the end of 2011 and I truly believe we can, even if it does mean getting some help from others.



As the land becomes dry
Where do flowers go
Where do flowers go
If mother nature cant supply
Water makes the flowers grow
Yes it makes the flowers grow
The time to think is now
While the rain is falling down
With showers here, flooding there
Water's falling everywhere

Limit using what we've got
Help the farmers plan
The planting of their land
Use less before its hot
Rain falls upon the seed
Help them get a water feed
We've got to prepare for more
And keeps a water store
Come the days of heat and dry again
Keeps fields wet through to the end

No comments: