Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A brilliant end to a sooky day...

How summer makes our yard so dry and barren ~ one forgets it can look like this when its the middle of winter...


Why should I have to spend each morning in tears because I cant rely on any member of my family?  Oh this is a sad start to the day ~ sooky la la moment - be patient ~ 

I am sick and tired of begging, pleading for help and assistance with some of the mundane - if I could pick up the shit off the floor, mop, do the chicken clean up, weeding, dusting and moving things from low to high, and high to low without hurting I would.  So I guess I just have to hurt because I sure am not getting any help. *oh woe is me*  I ask 'friends' for support and assistance to be told I am too much hard work, and there are better things to do than help - so sorry for that.  Still helped you, tho'.   Grrrr - damn catholic school girl guilt.  Considering I have done my own rehab, organised everything that needs to be done from school runs, doctors appointments, rescuing friends, getting things for others, arrrrggghhhhh - I think I will stop or I will only go ballistic!!  Please let this be PMT because if it going to be the same old - I cant do it.




Later that same day . . . 


OK - all betterer and stress out over.  More just a 'poor me' snap, bit tired of being let down when I think I can rely on someone - but I just rearranged to suit myself...  Actually I got out into the garden today with the SmallBoy and it was such a pleasure to sit, talk and weed Little Beds 1 and 2 - these two are reasonably close to the house and will have carrots and onion go in.  We've set up 'The Nursery' which is in the fernery area beside the house - all the pots are filled and ready to be planted into, mostly likely I will pop herbs in one and then get stuck into the seeding of beetroot, celery and maybe some early tomatoes or a late zucchini. *mmm*  The plan is to have some seeds and seedling in LittleBed 1 be the end of the month - just peas, maybe broad-beans and some lettuce to feel like we are accomplishing something on the way to substantial and sustainable.  Considering we have lived on $300 groceries (including cats, cleaners, other such sundries) a month before, thanks to a productive garden - the incentive is there!!  


Thought I'd include a recipe I am going to try this week - Apricot Chicken in the slow cooker.  Not sure how the SmallBoy will take it but if I make it into a pie I know it will be eaten... *grins*


1 can of apricot nectar
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
1/8 ground cardamom
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 cups prepared couscous or wild rice or mashed potato

Directions:

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the apricot nectar, mustard, garlic, ginger and spices. Dip each chicken breast in the apricot mixture and put in crock pot / slow cooker. Pour the rest of the mixture (sauce) over the chicken pieces in the cooker.



Cover and cook on LOW (7-8 hours) old style crock pot ( you might find half the time for high or some of the new whizz bank cookers ) 


Cook your rice, cous cous or potato at a time to be ready when the chicken is ready.  For serving up, this will be on the plate or in the bowl first.

Take the chicken from crockpot and arrange over the rice / couscous / potato. 
Spoon some apricot sauce over the chicken breasts. 


Any left overs will be in a pie - everything goes in a pie and you can pad it out with vegetables and left over rice, cous cous or potato.


Also did a mighty run of general housework - hey - I hear that laughter - honest I did -  it's true!! *humfphs*   And things are looking mighty swish for this bomb site! OK - not all the rooms, just the ones I would welcome people into.  Then I made the most delicious pie from left over chicken korma (mostly just sauce and extra veg) and added more cauliflower and broccoli to the mix and voila - just the yummiest, scrummiest pie.  And the right hint of spicy...

This is a good line for me to remember ~ When you relinquish the desire to completely control your future, you will have more happiness  ~ bit Captain obvious really!  So I am going to go with the flow (or the glow) and see what change occurs.  I've decided to reward myself when I acknowledge that I did enough, did it well, give myself a pat on the back and achieve a day without personal berating.  I can tell my kids, husband, friends they do things well - why not myself?  I did brilliantly in the garden today and I had dinner on the table at reasonably normal o'clock - - 7pm, at the dinner table, with place mats and family conversation!  It was great - and enjoyable.








 ~ Summer Calls ~ 

Gently snows falls to the ground
A swirl of whiteness all around
Yet I can tell by sight and sound
We're moving out of winters grip

The water freezes in bird's baths
It's cold, so brisk it seems to last
Through layers covering like a mask
The skies are getting brighter

And all around things seem to stir
A movement here, wings tiny whir
If only on the whiskered fur
I can hear that Summer's calling

Green and clean
A lush machine
The world is warm
With Summer's call







βε(̆̃̃εїϑε їռ ოﻪցﻨ८  
☮ ❤ ☺
ℒΦϑє, ʆίφђϮ,  ℐﻪ℧ჭɦʈeʁ 

No comments: