Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tight arse Thursdays

He's a funny ol' cat - this is Teddy... 

That would make a great title for a regular feature, yes?
Others seems to make theirs on Tuesday, I'm never quite that organised...


Plus Husband did not take the lurgy back to the office as requested.  Instead he has decided to share it with me and I think SmallBoy has been given a little too.  Oh my head hurts, my nose is sore, my neck and shoulders ache, my throat is scratchy - - feeling blah. How often do we wish, ask, plead them to let us in *insert Y+R or BATB type music* share a part of their lives and when they do we are so ungrateful, un-wanting even...  And its raining still, again, more. *sniffs*

So, we got a week until we scoot to some warmer weather.  *Cheers Yeah!!* Not going to spend a cent over $50 - only the necessities - need to remind myself, not that I missed the big bold numbers yesterday.  Everything I need for dinners, lunches, breakfasts and snacks is here and that's that.  I've still got bolognes in the freezer, so I might use it to do a chilli con carne with one of the six tins of kidney beans tonight.

This is a quick, simple recipe and the only thing required not here is sour cream and a small carton is about $1 (no name of course!).  Husband can collect that as he's made me feel crappy *grins*  Or decide to use the taco shells in the pantry I've found and use up the tomatoes, some cheese, I see I am talking myself into tacos.  Or a nacho dinner with extra bits.  Recipe is the same.
Using one defrosted 3-4 serves packet of the bolognese sauce from the freezer I add:

1 Large tin of kidney beans (drained, rinsed, etc)
Splash of sweet chilli
1-2 fresh (or home dried) red chilli

As I plan to have a 'double batch' or at least left overs for MudGuts to eat, there is a tin of baked beans in a mexican flavoured sauce - I might add that to pad it out and some red lentils in the mix should not be noticed.  Just a handful or three.  


Of senses and stability...

I felt a little bit of balance or ability to now control things I need to do within the things that go around me, which I don't need to do but could probably do with knowing about. *deep breath in... and out*  Husband is home - this is a good thing.  Husband is not well - these things happen, it just he is home and usually he is away at work, home only to wombat.  Husband really wants to do some of the 'things' on 'The List' - some have waited for months/years, what's a few more days? Nothing is stopping me moving on with 'The List' where I am able.  Playing with Tupperware IS fun.  Wiping out and restacking in a clean cupboard is gratifying.  Did good girl!  Well done!!

So while there is a lot going on around me, it's things that don't need anyone's or my doing or rectifying by tomorrow or yesterday, and it is more about the nothing and panic'ing over tomorrow's maybes.  Ok - no sense there...

Sometimes, in trying to focus on the now, I advance into the tomorrow to anticipate what could be an outcome of an action today when really, there is no relation or relevance to the tomorrow.  It's not like I am going to spend our emergency fund on a whimsy like a new lounge suit ~ for one I simply could not justify the expense when what we have is suitable.  The goals being aimed for do not need to be planned out and fully risk-assessed by the end of the month.

Visually I am extending the point of initial fear - tomorrow.  Tomorrow is safe financially, food wise, fuel & shelter, against any other ANTs (automatic negative thoughts) that leap into the space left by those assured and can almost always be provided with a feeling of 'wait - next week is ok, prioritise it, record it, you will be reminded - you don't need to do that for/by tomorrow'. Some things are being relegated to 'September' meaning if the call was sales (eg) its not a good time, call me in September to discuss.  If they want to - they will follow up.  If not, its gone from my head - except that power guy, no info sent yet.  Hey Red Energy??  Wossup??


Today however came with a lovely email from zenhabits, a website I've mentioned before, talking about how to make less count for more "The Westefulness of Decluttering'.  It felt quite timely considering there is more than possession decluttering going on - its the shake out of the demons, doubtful thoughts, negativity; straightening out some habits, behaviours, issues and; refining that 'organisation' set up, sorting the life changing priorities and creating ways to succeed personally and emotionally -  while also down-sizing and addressing the possession priorities.

I have found by applying processes and ideals from business to the business of me, Mandy Inc, it is easier to see and address the areas for improvement in the third person.  I am not looking to 'fix' me, more improve me and accentuate the good parts and tweaking areas to better fit this 're-structure' and 're-branding'.  While I might have a little brighter 'packaging', its only some of the old, preferred areas of old that got swamped in black coming back out.  Keeping some of the 'good ol' old' to highlight the improvements and benefits of being me and liking me... *blushes a little*

Its a timely message from Leo about starting to declutter, hitting a 'roadblock' and, I'm sure if I read it on the other link, will move on to questions the thoughts we think to justify the roadblock : "but that broken clothes dryer cant go, we can use it to/for/in..." and the more absurd "and it will be a waste of money if we trash/donate ~ will we be seen as odd".  At times too, some of the clutter are items we very well might need or use or gift, so they get put aside, away in the 'just in case' with everything else.  Well, 'just in case' has arrived because it can all help raise this '$50k' we think we'd be able to raise through doing little more than imaging it to be so...

"$50k" has always just been a number.  Husband says with a million dollars, we're set for life; ex said it needed to be two; old friend said $10m to just live on the interest... all with no way of ever getting it.  I always thought $52-$75k as just the right amount over a few years to grow, build, expand would work and getting rid of 'stuff' has always been part of the how it will happen.  So, as no other way has tried, we'll go back to my way.
Cos they usually work *grins*



Sadly tonight the headache rages war with the sinus and neck for recipient of that which hurts and annoys the most tonight.  Fingers are managing the keyboard, however the brain cant get full messages through those other two!  So its a 'stuff it moment' - I am going to bed...




Creeping from the bottom of the jar
The final thought doth floated
It's moment had finally come to pass
The thinking thought it toted
And time stood still for just a tick
As time is know to do 
For the final thought opened to share
When its . . .  'off to sleep for you'



ℒΦϑє, ℐﻪ℧ჭɦʈeʁ & ʆίφђϮ 
ռﻪოﻪรϮε


1 comment:

Kimmie said...

LOL Tight Arse Thursday~!
Loving it!

Drop by and say hi soon Mands, I have just had a blog makeover and it's lookin good!


Hugs

Kimmie
x


http://theserendipitycafe.blogspot.com/