Sunday, August 15, 2010

Living within our means...


Recently on the Simple Savings website, the question was posed "Does your income cover your outgoings".  To that question, my answer is yes.  But what if the questions was "Does your income allow you to save while covering your outgoings and building an 'emergency' funds account".  What would your answer be??

For us - the cash flow isn't quite there.  MyMan has left his job - as said somewhere, 10years with a 5hrs daily commute is too long, for too long - I've been doing a wellness programme to change 'things' and some are a family deal, and even the kids are happy with the 'new' - a real clean up, rearrange and getting rid of 'things' both physical and metaphorical.  We are embarking on a new forward, together - communication, listening and hearing : we know we do it well, together, for each other and for others - its up there with love.  Aahhhh Love ~ one thing we can definitely enjoy that is free.  We'll be hunting out a fair bit of free entertainment in the immediate and ongoing future.  * grins*

In many ways I have been blessed with a work/data opportunity which I feel I am finally doing well, understanding and comfortable (although historically that means a spanner is coming; or misinformation has occurred and communications need to be clear, or I am out of the loop and honesty is the best option). Personally, I hope it is more that what I am being told to do works for one, but not another and I am following the incorrect directives or the directives incorrectly.  I would so prefer a group chat area or somewhere 'live' input could occur because I feel a little left out of the loop a lot - things happen which I only discover if I happen upon it.  It's not my business, no wukkas there, it would just be nice to feel included if only for the information/heads up not necessarily for input.  Although if welcomed and wanted, I am sure I could... *grins* 


But we earn time over income in having MyMan home - quantitative quality time. For what we will no longer have incoming, we gain in the reduction of outgoings almost exactly.  Things have been saved and paid for in anticipation of future income drops, now upon us!  How many more sleeps until we scarper:  We've a visit through Coffs country on our way to QLD.  New garden set up and arrangements.  New routines being made.  Downsizing, simplifying...  But not all by next week, or in say 3-4 weeks.  Nope - this is a good 3-4 months in the decluttering, down-sizing, moving, rebuilding, changing routines, habits - oh so excitement!!!  


Even using the recent short term aims of weight gain and adding 7kgs to this little frame in 10weeks makes the longer term goal of 55kgs by December achievable and realistic - I am holding the weight, I am eating reasonably well, but admit to a massive joy and love of biscuits and slices which I would much rather be told as a massive joy and love and eating of cheeses, deli delights and fruit... Alas, no - the bickies and slices have been winning although admission and acknowledge is a good place to start with making better, more gooder(!!) habit changes too.  *big 'philosophicationing'*


Things really are changing, for the better, improving.  My hope is that over the next 3-4 months no big hiccups or bumps in the 'road' appear.  I'd like a few months were I don't need to be so ready with an alternative back up plan every few days for a situation that could have been done without, but was not actual in my/our control in any way.  Give me peace in my health, wealth, work and family life - - just until the year is up of Gods, Angels and Fairies of we - the simple folk... *looks skyward - a little hopeful, a little serious*




Oh I made myself laugh  . . .     


So, part of this new you-beaut improved me involves a little slowing down, thinking before doing, relax a little.  I think I got a part of that today and, at risk of repeating myself to several, I have gathered a little selection of some of the posts, comments, waffle and madness I shared on FaceBook, Simple Savings, in the GlowCave, and now here.


 FACEBOOK DISCUSSION: 
A day of moderation - today I learnt how ~~ In some ways my status today (and the non-stop self rambles set as humorous comments) says how it went. It was a lazy day - not really motivationless, more pottering without the pressure - no stress, no guilt plus perfect timing for inspiration about dinner. Richard is backing his work desk & collecting the gifted fruit trees from the office without the distraction & well wishes from colleagues; the SmallBoy has a mate over, watching Arthur & the Invisibles, quietly; I really have read a book 'The Troika Dolls' and now onto 'American Gods' while making sure the rain stays outside & the warm dry stays inside.
Lots done, but nothing really - moderation... :D



 SS / GLOWIES: 
Quick one - blatant request for some calm, soothing, carry-me vibes.
On Thursday went to the Docs and we played with pain management - putting me back on the patch but taking away codeine & endone from the schedule completely. 'Only' fentynl, panadol & anti inflamms. Last night I drove that porcelain bus - talking to god on the great white phone! See, feeling better. Cracked a joke about chucking for hours!! (sorry, TMI should have stayed with the bus/phone metaphors) Withdrawal hurts.

All good - will be brilliant to be away, convention as the un-drugged me. She's funny out aloud as well as in writing. Less meds = quicker wit!! *grins* ... and with a small groan, I'll probably chat after a wee nana nap while dinner organises itself (or is that me hallucinating again??) *leaves quickly, hands off keyboard*



Response:  Yes XX - only todays small steps are no steps at all. More like a slow drag and flop.
Boys are agreeable - we are making leftovers pie so the 'hallucinations' are working. That or I need to call them 'miracles' and it might not happen again... *cheeky grin & only a little groan*
Fingers cross we match a nice leftover casserole sauce to whatever else we find here in the freezer...





 FACEBOOK STATUS:  

Mands Vic while Conscience & Guilt are out searching for Motivation and Energy & Time-Management wait for Influence to return ~~ I might read a book...

Update: Or read and comment on friends' statuses... It's a funny old Saturday isn't it ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶

Update: Well Honesty appeared while writing comments on another's status - Will leave it there to look for Restraint (not to be confused with restraints for those who went there). Must thank Inspiration for popping in and creating "what's in the freezer-left over pie". With Inspiration gone, Motivation still out looking for the others, thoughts I'd catch up with Gratitude & Peace and eat big chocolate freckles while reading...

Update: Sanity has returned *dammit*
Hopefully it is a short visit, however Reality decided to drop in and we need to mop up this water & mud coming in under the door. Bl**dy Ballarat weather- cold & rainy one day; icy & torrential the same...
Can 
someone send Humour over - I sense I'm going to need her later *grins*


Still hoping Humour arrives soon *big cheesy grin*


While some form of sanity still remains, or at least I have the ability to believe it still remains, I thought it a good time to note the next few weeks plans.  I found the idea of sharing our veggie bed space, goals and time with another like-minded family is a brilliant way to go.  This had previously been pooh-poohed by another as too inconvenient and time-sapping from another, sadly in negative Nancy mode, however having someone with the similar goal and a true 'reap what you sow' mentality, there is a friendship blooming along with these veggies - hopefully all will be has productive and healthy as the other!!  I've factored in for MudGuts to help with big work while all the under 12s will join in over weekends, holidays and perhaps after school.  MyMan is keen but it is a dead garden time right now - weeding underway and some leafy greens going in.  Must get out and photograph the nursery tubs...


So the garden is one focus.  The PayPal store - 'The Treasure Chest' is about to be filled with an assortment of goodies.  Any help, suggestions or advice as to how I can best get clothes, toys, shoes, bags and books sold without the fees or hassles of eBay - happy to hear from you.  Haych showed the PayPal store - now to have the world at large (or at least Victorias, Aussies and the odd New Zealander) able to find and buy, I'd appreciate input.    Such a novice in some areas...





     Dance Forward   ♒  

You know of the song with the kittens and raindrops
What of the one with the changes that dont stop
A walk over sands through waters so blue
There's a holiday feeling here to drag through
Over masses of worries and lessons in pain
When suddenly the world is so happy again

Standing up; moving on
Dancing forward motion to the beat of our own song
Letting go; shouting out
You can't enjoy the poison with the cheer that's all about

Did you think of the time you Romanced the Stone
Life's not a movie, so you black-wallow alone
Get up and out there because something's begun
You're going to miss it if your changes don't come
Take the risk, change direction, follow your gut
We can all be together to share in the luck


Standing up; moving on
Dancing forward motion to the beat of our own song
Letting go; shouting out
You can't enjoy the poison with the cheer that's all about

Stop living like a slave coz you can make your own rules
All you need's a little guts, you've always had your own tools
When you ask yourself a question as if it was a friend's
Just give yourself the answer that you would give to them
If you've got the brain, well you know you got the clue
Listen to the angels chorus: "You've got the child in you"



2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Greeting oh gorgeous Mands!

Haven't you come a long way since I arranged that card drive for you in hospital. I am so very proud of you! Look how far you have come and look where you are going...way to go darlin, way to go~!

Hugs

Kimmie
x

PS Heartpoet and I are lovin the poetry~!

~ Mands! (on-a-mission) ;o) said...

Thanks guys *little blushes*
Actually, I still have some cards still holding on to the wardrobe door & surrounds ~ that door really has been a motivator, support, slap-me-in-the-face-obvious reminder of all the support & love of SS members & friends. Even in moving on, there are a few who remain acquainted - its nice, comfy!! *grins*
Lovin' writing, book in the works - short writing first...
;o) softly, slowly. my, cheeky monkey...