Monday, August 16, 2010

Twists and turns out of nowhere...

I was reminded how much this door has helped me over the past two years..

Let me tell you about Little A - no, nothing to do with Dr Seuss - LittleA is a piece from a much larger crystal called Aliya, owned by a spiritual friend, Angie.  The crystal was given to me while I waited for surgery to reinforce my fractured spine.  She is a clear piece of quartz and emits a certain calm, almost sedatory sensation, providing an opportunity for clear thinking and relaxation of the mind.


And I've needed LittleA  lately!  Oi vie ~ woke up a few times in the night recently, once in a heap of pain in the back and leg.  A coupla codeine and LittleA on my forehead certainly eased that for me.  I'd been cutting out particular pain medication as part of the moving forward and healing, first we had stopped the opiate Fentynl.   However, this was changed to take the codeine out of the pain medication list as it does a lot more nasty stuff than the slow release patch - - and LittleA was not doing the trick this time around.  Lots of questions, worries and thoughts racing around in my head was not helping, thats for sure!


But I had a piece of citrine.  So I placed it under my pillow, just could not hold it, and then imagined the whole 'quieten the monkey' mantra and got to the point that 'monkey' was no longer running up the walls, in fact its tail was checking out my hand.  Needless to say, I was able to quiet my mind, ease the pain, fall to sleep.  Found this and thought - wow, these crystals are good for different things.  



  • Citrine is one of the only stones which dissipates negative energy. It never requires cleansing or clearing. A warm energy, it promotes optimism.  It attracts abundance, and is known as a “merchants’ stone,” ~ place in a cash register or where one conducts business, to not only acquire positive wealth but to maintain it as well. Aids thought and eliminates nightmares that disturbs ones sleep. 

Hold that thought - pain patch changing day... 




OK ~~ who's been a fly on my wall and talking about me and the things I am up to today?? *grins*  
Man, too freaky!  Had to be here! Any way - train of thought from above has been diverted...
Obviously Monday, tomorrow, is the first day MyMan has had out of the workforce for almost 25years.  Sure, holidays and paternity leave, but aside from that he has always been in the same industry, the same people, various connections all leading to the same company / employer / supplier.  We've been setting up a 'things to do instead of...' list which we can update and edit, break things down into manageable chunks and end the opportunity to be idle, sloth-like and unorganised.  So much has gone into making positive changes, this is the hard part...  so I've been informed *chuckles*

So its really time to exaggerate the every-things and say skip watching the MotoGP and go to bed before it starts so that we can be up bright and shiny in the morning to do the school run and some trip somewhere about the fixing of the phone while under extended warranty because that's what it is for when the buttons (or sensors) don't work property and you 'cant slide the arrow'... *iPhone tech101* There are Tupperware lids to match to containers (actually seals to bases, oh the demonstrator in you never dies...) plus with the amount of modular-mates, clear mates, other storage receptacles you can understand just why I want to organise the cupboards, then the pantry with a detour via the garage to bring in the three boxes of mixed Tupperware . . . and the three sets of boxed modular mates *shy, embarrassed little chuckle*

So far, nothing has moved and I know that some might be saying why don't I just do it...
See I've got to the point of having things folded, sorted, boxed, ready but at a weight or lift level that I cannot yet manage.  There's not a huge amount - the items themselves are huge.  Like the pilates machine - it needs to go where the chest of drawers is, after its been moved into the SmallBoys room where the space left by the soon to be moved desk and toybox are currently...  Five big things, all with places to go but a chain of events to get there.  No doubt, some may say they could do that without the help of another - well done and good on ya I say.  Me, I know this back is healing, healed in many ways but still at a point where lifting down a toybox that is 6' x 4' x 4' to get it started just aint gunna happen.  Even with help.  Not me...

I am really grateful for being able to share some concerns today - whatever the outcome, it was good to feel listened to and considered.  Tomorrow is a school day, so I need to make a few follow up phone calls, find a prescription I put somewhere 'safe' and not with the other 20odd ?why? and some general tidying up.  I might put a list up the side here and I can cross things as completed as that occurs.  Hmmm - too late for brain to take that in - recorded.

Any how - it is late and the MotoGP is over.  Dishwasher is stacked, chook bucket ready, all bins empty, lunches ready for a few days (oh my I was on a roll when I went and got that patch). We had veal schnitzel for dinner - I had some of my home made KFC mix but I'd run out of cornflakes.  Had plenty of variety of left over muesli flakes, light starts, special K and other such cereals - made a yummy crumb for the veal - the odd current, apricot piece or nut cluster enhanced the whole deal I think. *big grin*  seriously moreish tho'.  Add potato wedges deep fried and salad - it was a smash and there were no left overs.  The 4 veal steaks were marked down, frozen ($2.03 + $3.22 = $5.25; 3-4 potatoes, cut to wedges, seasoned and fried (80c), various salad things in the fridge (in fridge-smarts) so about $4 of salad including capsicum, snow peas, sun-dried horries, feta, and more.  $10 for four.  Not bad!  Full as!  Kids had a choc coated ice cream each - under 50c ea.  

OK - just passed the pumpkin o'clock.  I am wrapping it up with a something that should pop into my head any moment (seriously, its how I do it *grins*)






Watch them play 
Come see the story
Childhood adventures 
The action and glory

How a withered stick 
Forges a champion's blade
Where the littlest boy
Sends the giant away

See the paper form messages 
With invisible ink
To a child's eye the path 
Yields a river of stink

At the end there's the dragon
Some they're destine to slay
But with mothers' call 
It can wait until another day





♥  ✿  ♥

Chat my tomorrow morning, your afternoon, tonight 
ℒΦϑє, ℐﻪ℧ჭɦʈeʁ & ʆίφђϮ 
ռﻪოﻪรϮε




2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hope that the 4 leaf clover is still "charged" for you Mands.
Think of you often & hope that our wishes at that time in your life were of some help - distance precluded any practical efforts on my behalf.
Cheers
Nicole S (simple savings)

~ Mands! (on-a-mission) ;o) said...

In more ways than you think Nicole! Your 4 leaf clover and card are one of those which remain up. As time has made some come off, I don't hang them back any more, they go into a sunflower box. The 4 leaf clover still holds up ~ the smiles and gratitude seeing the door & cards I get each day is very real.
Many thanks -
and I am so pleased you moseyed past the blog when I was chatting about the door and card. It's a lovely thrill. Thanks heaps for that :D