Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fantastic Friends and a Wonderful Weekend...

SmallBoy@7 racing ~ just love the smile 
I am so grateful to be able to 'play' again...

Maybe not as hard as I seem to think I can - but at least I can!  All my friends are in their 40s ~ yup, we're all growing old.  Damn shame we can't 'act our age' yet *grins*  I love my friends!!  My head is a little unsure tho' and the poor back is not impressed, still suffering and had to do exercise therapy today!! *moans*  Husband was a wee tad seedy Sunday morning, on limited sleep and LOTS of singing and drinks.  Thanks for the brunch invite Catherine my dear ~ it was a scream, a hoot and has anyone uploaded pics or videos of the chipmunk karaoke?  Geoffrey, Geoffrey, Greffory *cheeky*  may you never 'feel old', stop laughing or enjoying a night out buddy.  Chatting to PaulN about the houseboat trips and adventures made me realise it's almost 2 decades of deviance together matie ~ Happy Birthday Trouble.

Going out, getting away from the same old and escaping from the 'real' world for the weekend was a great rekindler for all things positive and good.  Should sustain me for the week, maybe longer ~ and to think I was semi-considering not being able to go ~ it was a blah, catastrophising ~Mands! who just thought it was all too hard and with 'so much' to do, felt it all a bit much. Two events ~ one in the morning as a champagne brunch (mmmm - champagne, oh the sausages rolls and the lemon meringue tarts and the cheeses) where I did have a number of glasses of bubbles, grazed my way through lots of sweet and savoury nibbles over 3 or so hours, maybe a little longer.

Then another hike to the other side of town and it was a big night out at the pub ~ and can I say good Mands for not getting absolutely plastered!  As I am a little cautious with drinking on the pain meds there was some alternating between bubbles with alcohol and without!  Plus a few waters!  I think I prefer being able to have big refreshing mouthfuls of cold drinks without the risk of getting too intoxicated. The added benefit of little or no hangover is worth it ~ although I am physically exhausted and could crawl back to bed if possible. *yawns*

It would have been great to see a few of the family ~ we had tentatively planned to see my Padre however that was crossed off the list as Sunday got slower and later and the need to get SmallBoy, drop some paperwork to Husband's former employer and go home to crash superseded all others in the end. Gee it is great to be back at home. *grins*  I do love this place ~ even if I say I don't sometimes, that's more the state of the place I dislike.

What's up...
So my stars are telling me that things are in for a bit of a change.
With Jupiter gone from your work sector, which has left you with no activity in either of your professional houses, things have far from come to a halt. With a pair of Full Moons over the next 2 months, the first in just 10 days time, it’s more important than ever to keep the momentum going. What this does mean is that you have more time for your personal life, finally managing to achieve the right balance between work and play.
OK, I likee.  10 days to keep the momentum going ~ Husband is already into his 'new' role with gusto and did the whole morning routine with SmallBoy. The fire is lit and blazing behind a lovely clear window front - wasn't that dirty, however now it shines.  The front gate was not shut so the gerls have been out around the neighbours this morning, checking out the offerings in Alan's garden and not too pleased on being asked to return home.  The flowers are definitely more colourful on their side of the fence, however its not really there for chookies to dig up and forage!!

Husband is being a true loving carer.  I was able to rest back yesterday without the pressure of 'things to do'. Hence my extended absence - rested and now trying very hard to form some sort of routine that fits the new programme schedule to wellness and happiness.  If only I could emulate the positivity of the words into actions that can be maintained. Sometimes this can be the hardest part.  

A few things have been pushed back in timing ~ mostly because I am wishing and wanting more to be started, actioned, completed and done in an unreasonable time frame for my (in)abilities and available resources to get things done properly.  Sure, we could do a few ad-hoc jobs but it's not going to end up with a run of smooth achievements or gains.  So we return to "softly, slowly my cheeky monkey" and work out what needs to happen and how.  As Husband is home, it is really the 'what does Husband need to do' while allowing me to participate but still focus on rehab as my 'role and job' for the time being.

I was remiss in 'talking' about the idea of packing the house as if moving without explaining the full concept to Husband.  He reminded me that reading about it here is not the same as going through an idea with him.  I agree - just not used to him being home, here, awake and energetic with lots of time to do lots of things and to take the load of my back - literally - so we can be better balanced and healthier, together as a team.  That is the ideal and we can make this happen.

There are really only two main areas which need 'attacking' and lots of effort in that attack.  The clutter through this entire house needs to go and the garden needs to be established to provide us food.  We have had to re-plant some of the pots due to an active dig by cats and/or chooks.  I might have mentioned this before, but now the pots have covering and a little 'hot house' set up we should have no more problems.  Before these get to planting out stage, the Little Beds need to be weeded.  Lots!

My last action for tonight was to think about what to write in prose.  Rambling through websites I fell upon my old favourite new age store and did a little tarot ~ asking should I focus my attentions on my book, my blog, my work, my home (its mess), my family or me.  With this question I drew two cards - one as a now, one for moving ahead guidance.  As I went to view them I had another question jump into my head 'Am I ready or is this all too soon'.  I opened a new window and drew one card.  Then I read them...




Creative ability, creative forces



Four of Swords 

Briefly: It is time to take a rest, have a break, maybe have a holiday or in some other way remove yourself from current pressures.

Full Meaning: Initially when you draw this card, it is telling you to take a rest, have a break, maybe have a holiday or in some other way remove yourself from current pressures.  You may be run-down, tired, and now it is time to be a little contemplative and to take it easy for awhile.  The daily routine has become too demanding or even mundane and you need a change, any change will do.  If you have been feeling unwell, it may be time to consult a doctor, a surgeon or even a dentist.  Often it can indicate needing an injection, or cutting implements may be needed, as in surgery of some kind, or medications.  This is a good time to start looking after yourself, and protecting yourself against such things as getting an infection or fever.  Antibiotics may be needed or a tonic or some vitamins.  Some people just need to get more sleep or rest.  Your lungs may need attention at this time or you are experiencing some type of respiratory problem. If this is the case, then  seek help in the early stages to avoid any long-term health problem and your recovery will be quick.
Emotion



The Hanged Man 

Briefly: There is some type of time lapse going on around you. Things have not quite reached fruition and you have to take a wait and see attitude.

Full Meaning: When you draw this card you are being advised that there is some type of time lapse going on around you. Things have not quite reached fruition and you have to take a wait and see attitude. There may be some delay to your plans and it is best to be patient and bide your time. Someone may seem unbalanced around you and creating a difficult though not unsolvable problem. Trust your judgement and make allowances for this for the time being. Time is the great healer of most dilemmas so be the keeper of your own counsel and it will serve you well. Someone may also be having difficulty with their leg and unable to walk or get around as they usually do. They may need a walking stick or crutches, just temporarily. Give a wide berth to anyone who is not in the best of health either physically, mentally or emotionally. If you have to make an important decision around now, take your time to weigh all the facts and be sure that it is the best choice possible.
Creating, creation



Ten of Swords 

Briefly: A time to recuperate after an operation or period of sickness.

Full Meaning: At first sight this card looks just awful. There is a picture of a person laying face down with ten swords stuck in his/her back with blood oozing out everywhere. This can give a very distressing impression to your client when seeing this card in their layout. However, generally the card is not as depressing as originally seemed. It can just be a time to recuperate after an operation, which could have involved the back or neck. This person may also be needing some bed rest from exhaustion or is possibly temporarily depressed due to a current situation. Time does heal all wounds. There are stars twinkling in the dark night sky in the background, giving hope and inspiration that dawn will eventually, and always does, arrive. Daylight is only hours away, if only we do not lose sight of that timely event. The person does recover, does carry on and move into the light of day with renewed vigour and enthusiasm. It just sometimes takes a little time and possibly some tender loving care. The month of October may be particularly significant in relation to some event connected to the picture on this card. All is not lost though, as the month comes and goes just like every other month and by November all is generally well again and life is back on track.
So with that in mind, I shall move forward to declutter ~ my mind, my spirit and my home.

Wishing you well - chat tomorrow over some mish-mash of meanderings...


‎"We have created an unbelievably busy world for ourselves. Often time's people are running so fast that they look like a blur. I wonder how much life experience do we miss when we only focus on what is in front of us and completing the next task in our lives?" John Whitehurst 



ℒΦϑє, ℐﻪ℧ჭɦʈeʁ & ʆίφђϮ

No comments: