Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mish-mashed ~Mands!

Wanted: Somewhere we can see similar views almost everyday  

Today is a bit special...

Husband has his birthday today. He's had presents, cake and all of us together for dinner.  I love it when we are all together ~ even if DS19 smells to high heaven.  *Pooheee*  It's two years since my spinal surgery, and I've already done a cartwheel. School term is about to end...

Now ~ the exciting news about the Green Smoothie.  Didn't have it this morning. *grins* No ~ not an actual pike, there was no celery to use and I had a mocha-banana smoothie instead.  And a chocolate donut.  Meh!  I've got it all ready now for tomorrow so no excuse or reason to delay.  Must say thank you to Simple Saving member DianeL for a link to an Australian site with some great information on Raw Foods.  Called Raw-Pleasure there is some information which translates from the the US sites.  But I was really keen to read the Green Smoothie Challenge website because this one covers everything from the type of blender through to some great recipes.  I am considering giving that a go and reporting the progress here. Not that I am procrastinating ~ I really hope to start tomorrow.

My horoscope for today was a little insightful:
The astral influxes will be so that they'll allow you to achieve some beautiful professional feats. The pettiness and hurtful words of your neighbors won't succeed in troubling your equanimity; however, some family concerns will perturb you. Profit by this planetary calm to return upon yourself by asking yourself some questions of capital importance, such as: have I given a sense to my life? Am I not spreading myself thin instead of concentrating myself on the essential? Am I living actually or only vegetating?
Thankfully, I have moved from the vegetative state that has consumed me.  For too long I felt like I was here, but it was remembering past achievements, goals, hopes and dreams rather than actually doing anything more than getting through to the next day. Now I do actually take pleasure in going down to the chook shed and collecting eggs, sitting in the garden beds weeding around the strawberries (and we have SO many this year, all those runners did run a good race!), chatting to the hens as I do, moving tan bark off the walkway and back into the garden - well, some pleasure on that one.  If only the gerls would leave the bulbs alone!


If onlys
If only it was warmer outside ~ I know the cold is making it terribly difficult to get about.  I do ache and feel the pain with greater intensity when it that Arctic blast attaches itself to the wind and takes about 10C off the temperature. Even walking to pay for the petrol today was an unpleasant experience.  So icy.  I even had two jumpers and a beanie on and still felt it slice through.  Of course, SmallBoy had to have an icecream!  As they do...
If only we had an extra $50 each week ~ my budget would be able to have the extras for the mortgage and a little savings put away.  Every week is coming in rather tight just now.  September to November is always such an expensive time and doesn't even factor Christmas (100 days to go!).
If only we were in our 20s again ~ ok maybe this is not exactly the if only because we need to have retained some knowledge or insight that will allow us to make better opportunity or certain actions, decisions, choices. I know there are some I wish I'd never met, things I should have done, options better left alone and choices that would have benefited with some insight.
If only there was balance ~ in life, in love, in work, in play. Yes we need the ups and downs to move us through, keep us guessing and make us laugh (or cry, often both) but it would be really cool if those big shifts didn't seem to come one after another on top of another beside some more
If only I could feel rested ~ that's one problem.  Even with 9hrs and a nana nap, I am stuffed.  Again and always.


Come on ~ would this work
Mutterings and waffling can give a girl ideas.  I've got so sick of mess that part of me wants to pack two suitcases each (also for linen), two boxes of items for us, animals, food and whatever is needed for basic furnishings and move to a shed in QLD.  Seriously. Even if that shed was a lean-to or a caravan ~ I would be so happy with less things and more space, heat and go back to minimal, essential living. 

In jest, I am certain, my father once offered me my inheritance now.  Part of me says I should take him up on the offer ~ who cares what is there to share when he is gone.  I'd really like to find, develop and show him how we can share the benefit of something one usually waits for until death occurs.  I might even find him his own little corner of the plot with his own little river of fish ~ make his world seem brighter and slower.

Oh for if onlys hey! If only I could get out of this morose, silly head space and do things instead of aspire to do them.  I am not just laying about doing nothing ~ but it is not the areas I would like to get stuck into.  I want to have space, air, clutterless rooms.  Boys are in the shed tomorrow ~ perhaps I can move some crap out there to move things about for clearance.  

Crap ~ bin night
I'll leave you here for now.  Is tomorrow going to bring around the new ~Mands.  Better SMART CHANGES?  Back to stomping those ANTs and using better POT.  Maybe that's where I've got it wrong.  *sighs*

Here's wishing happy smiles and better days

No comments: