Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stumblin' through the day...

This is Rossi 
I have a terrible headache...
Not sure if the change in the diet has anything to do with it or if this is a result of driving and pottering about with the chooks and garden after hydrotherapy.  Hindsight says I should have rested after that because I am out of practice, out of shape.  Because I look slim and have great muscle definition on my arms and upper body, people really don't understand that the issues lay in the spine and legs which have wastage, lack of strength and old memory imprints which have not been retrained with good habits as I have healed.

Things are changing and I really can see how the horoscope forecast for today is something to take on-board as a directive to keep going the way we have been, perhaps start gaining momentum and pick up the pace with actual activities, actions over the review of plans or ways we can get things done ~ if that makes sense to those who do not procrastinate! *grins*
As you adjust to life without Jupiter in your work sector, you're likely to be realising that this has done nothing to stop the momentum already in progress. What this has brought an end to is overwhelming work forces that dominated everything else, with a chance to restore the kind of balance that allows you to spend more time with your family, at home or doing the things you love. You're finally able to find that elusive balance between work and play.
Looking at this info ~ its almost confirming for anything to change in our situation, the stress and pressure of working so far and so often away from home had to be taken out of the equation of our life, because it overrode every other issue.  As work for my dear Husband is project managing his (and our) life back into a productive, progressive and profitable operation on the manual side as I manage and administrate the business frameworks, implementing systems and back ups offering job security and expansion opportunities. *grins*  I think in some ways MandyInc has been merged as an arm to the new operation of DankoCorporation and there needs to be a complete overhaul on the 'Damage' department which is going to have some 'positions' made redundant ~ like travel, transport, accommodation. 

One thing with budgeting I have always found easier is to deal in a third person, as though this is a friend or a business - the place of employment so to speak.  Because if you (the business) isn't running effectively, any component stemming from you is only going to be substandard, frustrating and detrimental for yourself and others. Bill's Budget has been working really well - in four weeks it has boomed along and made some savings that surprised us all.  Everything gets updated tonight and tomorrow so I can post that here for reference.  I need to find how to do tabs on this blog ~ I've seen pages, page tabs on others but I don't know if I can do this myself with this template or without losing this meandering history.

Come on NetWorkBlogs ~ get syndication working again...
If anyone has any suggestions on broadcasting these mutterings, please let me know.  I am not sure about all things technological - what does RSS do and should I be linked in there, or am I already *chuckles* It's all very frustrating - not being out in an actual workplace means I am not picking up new bits of information and technology by seeing how others are utilising different programmes, applications, features and such. Too many of the techno-babble blogs are just that - babble to me. I find it all a bit hard to decipher. *groans*  Still got this headache.


The New Adventures of the Stocktake
One task which has never been fully completed, although started many times, is the pantry. I am hoping to set two projects in place which will involve Husband, SmallBoy and myself working together and separately on completing the clearing of the spare room and setting it as a place to use for guests and craft work as well as knowing what is in the pantry, fridges, freezers and use this for all meals for the month while getting everything ready to reconstruct the pantry.  It's got such deep set shelves and it is so dark - things just get lost in there.  I found chocolate and Sovereign Hill Raspberry Drops in there during teh week - good find!  For me that is *grins*


Groceries were $101 and DH did reasonably well in not buying heaps extra, other than some violet crumbles and a roast pork!  I had hoped for a $50 shop, but he did get a roast pork (the chicken, beef and whatever else in the freezer won't perish), extra veg, more potatoes, toilet paper and violet crumbles which are yum and something I must get back into making. We've been taking out a weekly cash allowance and using this over atm, eftpos or credit purchases. As this shop was $51 over budget it will come out of next weeks and let's just say I am aiming for a $21 week to get the pantry and freezer emptied.  

Hoping to avoid any need to leave the property until Wednesday ~ at least then DH cant find extra bitties to buy. I think he is sleep deprived after the 'LAN' night here last night.  SmallBoy decided to go to bed at about 6am, chalking up an impressive(??) 9 hours live play and slept until midday.  Aside from watching Babe, and now the football *pfft* he's not been interested in the screens today.  This is good.  We've been trying to get him to call his buddy to have a sleep over, this is a school mate who has only been here once before, but he is doing the shy-thing and wants us to call.  Hoping he can get the nerve to do this tomorrow morning ~ it's not about forcing him to do things he is not comfortable doing but to encourage him to step a little out of his comfort zone and interacting with others more.  He has done well lately, asking shop assistants questions when making decisions on purchases.

As it the holidays, my mother is wanting to catch up with the SmallBoy.  If all goes well, she will be able to work something in for the second week and then Husband and I can get stuck into pulling things out of bedrooms.  I can definitely free up space and get rid of any broken toys, paper scraps and clothes which have been outgrown. And no time to go out and spend money on unneeded items.   


The week ahead:
Let's talk about the food and just the dinners for the time being.  Having the smoothies and introducing them so it remains enjoyable.

Sunday:  Roast pork, crackle & roast veg
Monday: Chicken slow cooker something
Tuesday: Freezer surprise pie ~ possibly something like the lamb tika and add more cauli
Wednesday: Stir fry
Thursday:  Not sure - Mudguts' 20th
Friday: Tuna patties and salad and chips
Saturday: Minestrone soup with grainy rolls

I am quite sure nothing is required for any of the menu planned and it will be good to get some baking in.  SmallBoy and I will be making the basic biscuit dough again plus a few fruit puddings and pikelets for the freezer to grab as snacks. 

Is it just me...
Or is there an element of boring in the last few posts?  I need a rocket up me.  And a camera which can mean the uploading of changes that are occurring.  Sometimes seeing what is going on helps. Now the iPhone is fixed, Husband can take shots and email them to me so the pictures are already sized.  I'm keen to show the smoothies, preparation of the garden and nursery, adventures in the spare room or garage as things are found.  Must get things together to photograph for sale - tired of having crap everywhere you know and it has started, just lost the momentum.


I hope tomorrow is fine weather-wise.  I'd like to get washing out and start with towels as there are a few to wash after hydro and this past weather! Plus I received some of those soapnuts I mentioned before from an Australian company called WildSoapNuts and we are really keen to try them.  Husband was interested to find more uses for the soapnuts to clean up around the house without using chemicals.  

Time for snoozin'I think the headache and stuff of the past few days has got to me. While trundling along nicely, that stab in the head, neck and shoulders is wearing.  Here's hoping your weekend is travelling well...



Mother always said there was trouble around you
Said I could do better, there were other avenues
Dont pick one like your father who could never tell the truth
Remember its all my way while you live under this roof

Mother didn't like your manner or the way your had your hair
She said your type were losers who talk of love but didn't dare
Forget about a romance look for stability over love
That's just the talk in fairytales, a home and babies is enough

What's wrong with love
How can it not be there
The force that brings two together
A special package for two to share
Stop pretending that you're happy
Envy shows in every stare
Give your heart unto another
Place your life with one who cares

My sister always thought and bragged she could do better than me
I never doubted her opinions, took them on board happily
Until the day I found her lying with a man again not hers
So she said I didn't hear her because of the lies within her words

The family will not challenge her, she'll hide shame under the mat
She's got so many sub-plots and so many different hats
When I put it all together there's relief this time she's gone
And now with pride and honesty I can finally move on


No comments: