Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Is it hump day yet...?

SmallBoy is dragged into NSW kickin' and screamin' by "them"!

I feel like it has been go go go and waiting for the weekend all over again ~ but its only Tuesday!!

Did you hear the member of the band E.L.O. was run over and killed by a runaway hay bale over the weekend?  Seriously.  A 500kg bale of hay landed on Mike Edwards (in his car) and crushed him. Police used Wiki and Facebook pics to identify him, or some such internet search for images.  There is so a line there. He was a founding member and appeared on the first band's first four albums.  Did you know Eldorado, the album cover, was designed by Sharon Osbourne?  Trivia!

Today is not going anywhere - more motivation but its going to be a jam-packed afternoon with exercise therapy and doctors, with a school run in between! I am getting to bed around midnight, waking at 730, pushing myself to simply walk away from the computer if that is where I am when I notice the time.  You know what ~ I am going to play in the Nursery for 30mins, get outside while it is not raining and potter about see how things can go and take a few snaps to share (if I can do that transfer thing).

Great idea ~Mands!  Set the timer - have a blast!!


Actually I did have a blast ~ hope TeddyCat doesn't play evil cat and dig all that work up!  He's grabbed a rabbit the other night and now has stick fleas in his ears.  This means he can't come into the house, only the laundry and his head is covered in vaseline to smother the ticks.  As it is bitterly bloody cold, he sits at the back door mewling pitifully "MOEW NOW WOW MOEW"  - not meow like other cats.  Just stop catching the wild bush wabbits and we wont have this problem. *gasps*  I don't see why after this happening at least three times a year for the past 5 years the animal still doesn't get it!  Mind you, really need some clove oil to get them all out and warn bunnies of TeddyCat's presence but its not in the budget.  *another sigh* Not a major need, just a pain I can't grab a bottle.

Feeling quite awful having the poor cat out in the laundry over night - it is so not the warmest and having one inside with the fire and the other not is a wee mite mean. Still, its dry, there's a cat bed and blankets and access to food.  He'll live.  ** Late update - and the bugger DID dig up the next tub of lettuce in revenge.  To add insult, I stepped on 'left over' rabbit intestine and of course it had a full bowel...  eewwww *gag*


Finally, we have a leader...

Poor Jules, it must almost be like getting first prize via rock-paper-scissors for two weeks. No fan-fare over being the first female Australian Prime Minister.  No landslide to come romping into power, although that might happen in some parts of Victoria over the next few days from rain alone.  More like a final poof of fart to squeak over the line, possibly with a little splurt to end the day feeling dirty, smelly and a little sick in the stomach about what has gone on! 

I see several positives ~ one is the keys to the Lodge are now hanging happily on a new owners key-ring and wont get lost.  The other is Australia is going to be known as having very fit, if not trim and svelte, government members with all this surety that independents will be regularly walking the floor to side with the policy best on their agenda. That's proactive, lead by example kinda behaviour from a government, isn't it? Well, isn't it  Good OHS practises ~ healthy choices *evil, naughty laughter* Tipping a few from each party will blindly get up and follow should they be caught dozing - bit like that stand up, sit down, stand up, kneel down, sit down when you're at church under duress or after a big week.  You hope if you shuffle and say amen no one will noticed you had drifted off. *cheeky*  

However, I do truly wonder if we will have a government or if we really even need one.  Being the political correspondent I am (not), one of the three we have waited on for 16-17 days to decide what we all had to do back there on 21 August said they would support the government on the day-to-day running of the country but make decisions regarding other matters how best suited the country.  That's great buddy, mate, cobber ~ but how long will each decision take and, thinking about it, don't you think then its a little still like a care-taker government.

Don't get me wrong ~ Julia over Tony any day ~ but over the past two weeks no one has invaded Australia, not even threatened a nuking or anything; the market has risen while the employment rate has dropped and the Reserve Bank played nice and kept things neutral.  This care-taker bizzo seems to work for us. What about bringing back everything gets shut on Sundays, except for the milkbar and the news-agents in the morning.  And perhaps we can have neighbourhood street parties again without the need for insurance, just a few barriers and a letter from Council saying it is cool by them!  Yes, bit 70s, but I was a kid who knew no better and wishes for those days again. *laughs*

So, got to say well done on the no spending today ~ which is that I did spend money but only on the prescription I needed.  I coulda and really wanted to go to the shop and get a drink, but I waited until after the school pick up to make a drink at home.  So not sure what we are expecting in the bank for the next few weeks but I've made a few calls to hold off any big amounts and break them down to smaller spaced payments.  
No one misses out, except possibly the mortgage but I am waiting to hear what they offer at their end, and once all the incoming are sorted, collected, received and acknowledged gratefully (if only for looking to the sky and thanking those in the heavens) we can fix up the arrears.  I love that our water bill is ahead, it usually is actually.  So I've cancelled the next few auto transfers and free'd up $80 into next week.  Clever ~Mands!


Exercise Therapy

I am too flexible.  I need to be stretching without hurting, yet remaining straight and not twist or curve.  Problem is, I don't feel the stretch unless I do move into some odd position.  It went really well all in all.  Not sure what arch I am looking for in the back ~ now instead of focussing on the not over extending my knee I have to also shorten the bend of the knee so I am not over correcting so much.  Arrgghhh ~ this ET walk is evolving.  Soon I shall walk 'right'.  Most of the difficulties do lie on the right side, there was one exercise I had to pretend to lift my right hand off the bench because without at least some contact, the right leg is still not supporting me 100%.  Maybe around 75% if I had to make a call.  Hydro on Friday will be interested as the therapist will also be in the pool and we are going to see where the point of stretch is so I can get something in place to strengthen and stretch!

Bit right those of you who spoke through Kerri last weekend.  All about stretch and it was a comfort to hear my therapist and the trainee both say they had not seen anything like it.  While Luke was demonstrating and I was copying he simply stopped and said 'you don't feel it, do you' and I asked 'feel what and where should it be?' ~ he decided to leave it there... *grins*  It's not a great thing mind you.  In the younger years maybe for party tricks and gross factor. Now its heading down the trail of 'oops, no cant get both legs walking together - and where's me hip gone?'  Things move way too freely and this will not be good when I am old.  Which is in 10 years according to SmallBoy.  Sonny, I say that is 40yrs away! 

Right now, just trying to get dinner up is a bit of a struggle.  Oh I ache and feel closer to my definition of old.  Not even gas propulsion to assist (coz I was bad and didn't each much today, but I did have rye & something bread toasted which was yummy and a bowl of muesli which was not because it was all the crushed bits and went mooshie in the milk).  Bit grumpy but I can see I did not finish my coffee so that might be it.  Or I am coming up on MWP time of the month.  

But it is done, and was delicious.  Tuna mornay on spiral pasta ~ very yum and oh so easy.  I love cooking, food - the effort has been part of the issue so now I make it as easy as possible when it is my turn and that helps.  Plus leftovers can be used in the jaffle maker tomorrow for sandwiches.  SmallBoy won't have a lunch order tomorrow but I do have some croissants in the freezer so I might send him with those for lunch.  He loves his croissants! Still have apples and bananas but I think the bananas are ready for the freezer for ice cream or cakes.  Won't wait, I'll do that tonight as I stack the dishwasher.  Oh I wish I could get this place organised.  One more week and Husband can focus on OUR home.  One more week and we can get OUR things sorted including this thing I try to call routine.

Must remind myself a week is nothing compared to the wait of the past few years; then the trials that preceded those.  In fact, time just moves too fast and really it might have been a 'pipe' comment ~ but I do wish for Sundays to be the day where the major majority do not go to work, you cant call a service or make appointments with a 'live' person, because we are at the park, the beach, in the garden, playing boardgames and going to school fetes, farmers' & artists' markets and visiting friends at home not in cafes.  Although cafes and restaurants might have to be included in the milkbar/newsagency clause for opening perhaps only for the evenings, or only for lunch and afternoon teas.  Why the rush rush when not that many seem happy or to be getting ahead.

I would hate for the boys to think life is about going to school, going to uni or getting a job (possibly travel a little) then work, day in day out.  Do you remember getting back from holidays and all comparing where you had been, what you saw, what you did?  Now its like - oh I wish it was longer, need to book another one without even sharing what happened.  I might have done it myself, but I think I said to myself no you want to tell everyone about this one but they might get peeved, annoyed or jealous that the nutter with no real income just went away and you're still stuck at your desk and this is normally a funny blog but not today if its about holidays...  Sorry ~ but we had fun, kinda did heaps and nothing. Perfect.

And with those wonderful thoughts I bid you all good night.  Rah Julia ~ glad a decision is made, well done on catching the keys to the castle.  Hope the boyfriend enjoys sleeping over on occasion (or would he move in too - do they live together?  Or commute for work??)  Oh my - really, do I care???  no...

 ♒ If only one day soon... ♒ 

Sitting down the back of the aisle
Watched him shop, saw that little smile
Wished he would stop and talk a while
with me

Admired the way his chin holds high
There's a naughty little twinkle glistening in his eye
I want to say hello but I'm too shy
to move

If only I could speak the words out aloud
To hear them, surprise you, and stun the whole crowd
Be open, be giving, but I don't know how
You'd take it if it came from me
A little monkey you can't see

Taking up space beside the bar
I watch you, dreaming of places far
Away from this in a shiny new car
for play

You'll hold my cheeks between your hands
Take me slowing to the sand
Be above me like a man
should be

If only I could say the words out aloud
You'd hear them, surprise me, and stun the whole crowd
Be honest, be truthful but I don't know how
To talk to you anyway
There's nothing left now to say
Finally I've walk away





lΦϑє, lℐﻪ℧ჭɦʈeʁ & ʆίφђϮ 
 ռﻪოﻪรϮε 




No comments: