Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wrong end of the stick honey...

...because it is Spring 


Well, I think that all went a little haywire and I am feeling a little misunderstood, judged and put-down. I was trying to answer a question posed on FaceBook by the BudgetBitch and wish I never had! *little sob* Felt like my opinion and suggestions were valueless. Challenged with a defensiveness I was not expecting ~ then being asked if I had a trust issue?  Hmmm ~ I think I was not understood, which is understandable *grins*, but you don't challenge or end the discussion leaving those answering the posed question feeling like uninformed idiots...  Not for me ~ humpff ~ always down to money. "Unlike" and 'do not follow' *chuckles*  I must hang with different people but whatever, I save money on $500 a week or less ~ "that'll do pig..."

Isn't it funny how defensive people get to challenge back their thoughts or opinion as fact when you might proffer something different. *thinks*  It's like when 4-5 years ago I insisted to a chiropractic practice the team needed to go easy, take it slow, I think I've got broken bones - so pooh poohed, then what did I eventually find through independent tests - spinal fractures.   Then there was the time we said to our primary school principal 8-10 years ago that we would prefer non-lolly rewards in the class room, or could there be alternatives to 'junk' in the tuckshop/canteen.  We were told then we were being unreasonable for the benefit of one student . . . look at it all now.  Or about 15-16 years ago when we said our child reacts to things in the food he is eating, including chocolate . . . and the discoveries as to 'additives and preservatives' in our basic foods now.

I know I am not qualified, in anything formally for that matter, but it should not discount my thoughts and responses to a question.  In kindness MsBitch ~ I do not challenge your insight that there are those who budget in advance of financial strife however I beg to differ that this is the majority and it would be a more likely scenario that those in a 'pickle' or trying to avoid further backward financing do want for the service however cannot due to financial restriction, fear of meeting those with attitudes that reserve 'them' for government funded programmes and not paid services. How quickly you offered to send me to a government-funded programme, without noting I was not in need, merely answering your question why don't people use or pay for services such as yours.  The way you 'want' your fee is one way low-no incomers cannot do. What's more, many paid business offering services will not offer payment plan based on the outcome/evidence of successful savings programme through the consultation or prefer credit card debt be incurred for payment without free consultation and the right to say, no wont work or this needs more parameters. This should be questioned as being morally and ethically in business for service or pure profit. Guilt should not be an outcome or a tactic to motivate or solicit more advice and/or business input. Maybe majority was overstated, maybe some would have under-represented the number of people wanting or needing this assistance and service without the ability for upfront 'gambling' of moneys.  I felt judged and classed, attacked even. I've helped others get themselves a budget of order and methods to save or cut back, there are many who would benefit if they could pay the way using your successful methods.

Soapbox broken (until I get around to straightening a few more nails, rather not buy any if they are here for the using with a couple of whacks)  Do I come across harsh and mean? Dont intend to, just annoyed at the narrow... 

Rained a river last night.  Still going.  46mm of rain, most fell between 10pm and 4am.  Another 12mm so far today, although it seemed like a lot more. It's really wet out there peoples...
Right now I think I want to share some of my interpretation of my tarot/guide reading.  There was nothing new in the messages relating to taking my pain meds (yes Nan), perhaps even a hint to get a niggle investigated or at least get the stretches and therapy focussed on a bit more 'seriously' and religiously attend, follow through.  There was a clear message to "Accept the Help" ~ I think that links into ask for help, but its a little hard to do that when you have of one your thought to be your closest friend to be told they cant help someone who see themselves as disabled (especially when I do not see myself as that!!) - bit like bitten too many times and now a bit shy of asking. The next 18mths seem to hold a lot ~ a cruise, family/kid orientated and for 7-10 days.  Not a seniors or clubbers cruise.  

While there is no indications of windfalls, in fact quite a few references to scraping through, getting by, having enough ~ but it was coupled with the happenings of simplicity, less but enough, sufficient, minimal.  When I said we had talked of getting a shipping container as a place to start when living in QLD, this could be taken as the bare beginning to a home I put my stamp of self upon. A place with trees, mountains ~ not necessarily on the ocean.  A lot of colour was involved - this could be the cascading flowers over the mud-brick extension of our new 'dream' home.  Gardening featured heavily, but suggestions to look for ways to raise the work area, bring the growing space upward - again this can reference the mudbrick home, but in the now I can see how I can do this with a lot of steel star-pickets (so if you have any... *hints*)  

I am being guided to write.  There will be success.  First a trashy, under pseudonym ~ this has always been the plan.  But aside from a novel or works in my own name, it will be a book on experience, choices and options, an autobiography as to why I am NOT a failure that sends me on a public speaking journey (first class to aid comfort - I love that inclusion, the observation) with Husband there to support me, look after me and be with me.  While he is not secondary, or second-fiddle, he is not going to the primary voice in this activity.  His role, presence, ability is to create, to support and to back me in all that I do.  The name Meanderings featured ~ moving to allow internet advertising or a charge method which will provide revenue.  OK - not you silly spammers - but any one with serious suggestions, advice or experience on profiteering through ones blog, please - let me know more.  Serious.  But not click crap - I still need to write and play *grins*

One of the most exciting pieces of news was that of another child - a delightful child we never had but is as our own, one coming from and with pain which we will give and provide family-life and future. Possibly two.  For me it also indicates we do get things right ~ the balance is going to be found, work.   There was also a message to eat green, salads, raw/nude foods ~ fresh, seasonal, clean. Get outside, into the sun (well, if we get any again considering the torrents still falling) and look into homoeopathic remedies and methods ~ this comes in line with our wish to be reliant less on the pharmaceuticals, strange it comes up.   Plus a puzzling message about the dryer needing attention, use or something ~ its not worked for 4years and we use the line or the horses to dry to avoid high electricity bills... Hmmm

 Glorious Glowies and Colourful Coffs 
What a whirlwind last week was.  Did you miss me??  I missed my meanderings as an outlet and I think I rely on what I write here sometimes.  Looking over the previous entries helps to see how far I've come, where I am going, things I forget.  There has been much anticipation for this reunion of sorts, many Glowies I have never met in person, some yes and others on the phone or via chats other than SS, this was an amazing gathering of people I have known for so long that SmallBoy calls them family, interprets the weekend as a family reunion of sorts - which it was in many ways.


One couple, Aunty Nean and her hubby ~ both Husband and felt we knew them, had met them or seen the two before.  I could see a similarity with my 'auntie' Suzie but I don't think it was that.  There was a 'ring-in' Jade who melded in with everyone like she had been a part of us for always ~ a bit like Husband and SmallBoy who also knew people from the times I had said "oh DiDee, Millie, Muirin, Rosemary just did / said..."  I almost wish we could have stayed at the same place to get that closeness experienced when night and incohol and silliness came upon the house.  No cave, so no barman up the back but I hear they did a good job without him... *chuckles*


With two birthdays to celebrate and sending loving thoughts for those who could not attend, there was a lot of variety in the goings on.  I feel the need to get all our pictures together and hang them where they can be with us ~ there is no exactly place that comes to me but the arrangement has, so I need to view the house with that in mind.


Now I am annoyed:
More with myself because it is Saturday arvo and very bloody little has been done.  Not good and not happy.  I am getting that 'drive' that seems to come with the on-set of night. Grrr ~ and the poor chookie boys did not get rehoused and we did not get to the Jonahs house with eggs.  Now, I accept the rain has made it difficult ~ it really has been torrential. 


While Friday the calls, visits and such were done - today has been a balls up.  There has been stuff put away, the kitchen is nice and Husband has been a key make-it-happen maker while I wrote some more of the trashy, but I wanted to get outside (weather), move the boys (started, tried), get the garage in order (nup), bring in more boxes (glad this didn't happen actually) and sort through the spare room for things to sell, pack, empty.  If it is like this during the week, perhaps I should set myself a goal of doing an hour a day in there - - remind me if you remember, it would be appreciated!!  Plus I get the whole travel stuff has got me a little more sorer than the last few weeks, especially having lost the freedom and lowered pain that comes in the hotter weather.  Moving on up...  

And my horoscope said: Things should improve for you as the day progresses, Scorpio. The key is to stay loose and not be concerned with the situation's outcome. The future is uncertain. You shouldn't depend on something that may or may not pan out the way you want. There could be some conflict between you and someone with a strong ego in the morning, but this should resolve itself by evening.
I admit - this is one of the 'fluffy' ones, but now I've checked a 'real' one and got: It would be necessary that you lead a more quiet life and respect a sufficient time of sleep. Energetic and optimistic, you'll be decided to cope with your professional difficulties frontally and to make an effort at realism in order to solve concrete problems better. You'll have difficulty letting yourself go in your amorous exercises; know that the education you received is largely responsible for it. Learn to love reading, don't let television impede this beautiful activity.
And there is comfort in the predictions for the week ahead - I think! This is the Scorpio horoscope: You'll be able to adapt yourself and make the most of the changes that will occur. Material life without any concerns and even very comfortable, but risk of problems concerning inheritances and successions. Your love life will be extremely animated and completely passionate. Don't let your authority weigh too much on your family. Don't let your minor health problems worry you too much; take all the necessary precautions to put a halt to them, but don't turn this issue into an obsession : the human body is such a complex machine that small failures are bound to happen and this is the Goat horoscope: A week very propitious to an impulsive comportment; make a particular effort to make decisions only after mature reflection and not under the spell of inspiration. You'll clash with your close ones if they refuse to comply with your exigencies; try to water down your wine somewhat. You'll find in your mate quite unusual understanding and tenderness. You'll feel so satisfied that you'll recover all your joy of living and your taste for pleasure which have been relegated behind the scenes since some time. Which route to steer actions for outcomes??  I am proposing a good merger of the two ~ especially as they anticipate some earth-moving moments with dear Husband, hopefully not on the same magnitude as Christchurch in NZ. *cheeky* As he will be in Melbourne helping his mum pack, guess it will be one big night if it is going to recover all my joy of living!!

While we are on the week ahead:



Menu Plan ~ 5 Sept - 13 Sept
  • Sunday:  Fathers Day dinner - Husband would like Lamb Shanks
  • Monday:  Spaghetti something (just me and SmallBoy)
  • Tuesday: Tuna mornay
  • Wednesday: Pie (from roast)
  • Thursday: Bacon and Eggs and toast
  • Friday: Home made Hamburgers  (Husband home, yeah!!)
  • Saturday: Nachos 
  • Sunday: Roast Chicken
To make/bake: Biscuits, muesli slice (all leftovers)
Items at hand
Cereal, bread, milk, variety L/O muesli
Shopping list
Water, Milk, potatoes, corn chips (TY MudGuts), cereal, fruit and veg
Start looking: Bulk rice specials, Juice 

Grocery Budget : Month September $450
  1. Week : 1/9 - 7/9 - $100 
  2. Week : 8/9 - 14/9 - $50
  3. Week : 15/9 - 21/9 - $100
  4. Week : 22/9 - 28/9 - $ 25
  5. Week : 29/9 - 5/10 - $100
    week no shown first, starts Wednesdays
Bulk/Stockpile/Bargain
Assessing for Week 4 - potential $75 avail
Need to be looking for bulk rice, sugars, spicy tomato salsa, soil, meat(?)



Here's A Treat:
I know I've mentioned this somewhere before, maybe here. This biscuit recipe is THE one and only true basic biscuit / cookie mix you need.  Make it in bulk, divide it into 'rolls' and wrap for fridge or freezer storage.  Then if friends drop in - it is 10-15mins (ok, little exaggerated, hope they call ahead by say 20-30mins so you can tidy while the oven heats) and you can have hot yummy bikkies straight from the oven, cooling while you talk and eat them...


 Simple Savings Sensational '120 Bikkies for $4' recipe 
500g margarine/butter
1 tin condensed milk
1 cup sugar
5 cups self-raising flour

Cream sugar and margarine.
Add condensed milk and flour and combine.
(see below add-ins)

Include additional ingredients as desired, combining the dough well
Roll out into 30-40cm sausage lengths about 5-10cm high/thick
'Sausage wrap' in cling wrap, 4-8 turns to avoid frostbite
Freeze, refrigerate or use immediately
Roll into teaspoon sized balls and press down with a fork.
Place on greased trays and bake in moderate oven until golden brown (approximately 10-15 minutes).


Add-Ins:  You can add whatever you'd like into your basic biscuit dough.  Ingredients that work are:
1. Chocolate chips and glace cherries (chopped)
2. Cornflakes and sultanas
3. Chopped nuts and choc chips
4. M&Ms
5. Chopped apricot and coconut

You could add any number of other things like Rice Bubbles, Smarties, nuts, cinnamon, oats, other spices and so on.  When rolling up the dough sausage, make sure there is enough either end to fold firmly or knot at the end like a bon-bon. Should the dough be in the freezer a while, you want to avoid frost bite.  After defrosting the dough slightly, I cut it into 25-35 slices and roll these into the balls for baking. This recipe yields 4-5 dough sausages.  



Inspired to make a batch now actually.  Might just see what is happening in the kitchen.




  ♒  Welcome Back  ♒  
Why is the Watcher's hand-servant following
Has she a message she wishes to share
Am I pretending I don't know they visit
That while pleasing, I really don't care

Have the doors been reopened for contact
And the darkness put back in its place
Perhaps clarity or questions to answer
Perhaps families divided post-haste
Ever wishing for joyous reunion
Never blaming or stirring ill harm
Special Angel be assured of warm welcomes
Next to greet you with wide open arms
Oh how would it go to turn the clock back
We'd sit here and laugh, Watcher sees
Remember the times of my hand held in yours
Such are memories of friendship with thee



-ஜ۩۞۩ஜ-♥ 

lΦϑє, lℐﻪ℧ჭɦʈeʁ & ʆίφђϮ 
 ռﻪოﻪรϮε 




There are days I miss my Nan greatly.  I just wanted you to know that *smiles*

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I agree with everything you said about paying for budget help. i think if I had that much money to 'waste' I wouldn't need the help :)

~ Mands! (on-a-mission) ;o) said...

It was a little odd, the reaction. Sure some with cash will pay for the service of another coming in and doing the thinking for them (its a time vs money thing I guess), but what about those trying to change their situation, find avenues to save, avoid falling future backward?? That's why I am a Simple Saver!!

If it weren't for wanting to rest, slow, organise and better myself right now, I would consider setting something in place to help others. For now I say, Go SS!!