Friday, July 23, 2010

On a technical note...

Let's call this a word of warning - a heads up and be readying for evasive manoeuvres - if your dear, darling, disputably better, nay, other half says 'oh, I know what that is and why it is happening, sort of.  Can fix that.  Its just a quick *insert plausibly technical descriptive* will only take a few moments' - do not fall for it, unless they are suitably qualified with the relevant certificates (and that's not certification or certified *grins* ) because its liable to take and cost a heck of a lot longer...  Be firm, but fair - and get them to back slowly away from the problem...

*sighs*  I've had a weeny little glitch on the laptop for months - due to my own silly error of unplugging some hardware without unmounting it first...  Oi - head out of the gutter, its a technical term!  Sheesh!!  Just spent last night off line (sorry - no meanderings update) and all morning resetting mail etc on DS10's pc. Crikey his room is cold!  And this 'puter is not the newest, bestest, fastest type of machine - anything but actually.  Plus I've got no pics *sob* no phone access *sniffs* and no comfy chair to sit on *cries loudly*

Much better this evening with most 'important' stuff back.  Oh I have missed my Glowies, my FairyFriends and all the antics on FaceBook. But at least I am able to get back on line.  Just in time to say Happy Birthday to my cousin Kristin and SIL Belinda!  I think Kristin gets the better deal as it is warmer at her end of the world!!

While catching up on the Simple Savings forum ~ funny discussion about the dreaded sock-basket, missing pairs and more ~ stumbled upon a brilliant advert for driver safety - the value of wearing a seat belt.  It is not scary, not bloody or horrific but sends out the clearest message I have seen for a long time.  I think there is audio but not being able to hear on this old clunker, I cant know for sure if the audio is as impacting as the visual.  It might be the 'real' sounds of the horror of car crashes, just not sure.   Belt Up ~ we should all know that by now, its the law and it is sensible in this day and age.  Embrace This has given a clear message.


I'll come back to edit some more, maybe have a new pic or two from MyMan, maybe a poem ~~ or maybe time will get away from me and I won't catch up until Monday.  Just in case, that is the case - still haven't selected items for the suitcase, let alone packed it *big cheesy* ...  The SmallBoy reckoned you'd like his choice of picture from his computer.  Mind you - if it doesn't load - maybe it won't be here yet either :D



ռﻪოﻪʈε 
₩εεĸℯռδ  ოﻪցﻨ


No comments: