Thursday, July 15, 2010

One happy little vegemite...


I am stoofed!  The Open Mic was overwhelmingly wonderful - as an experience, as an opportunity and as a successful introduction to the world of public words.  The poet who was the guest speaker (Steve Smart) gave me a huge hug - and I think he was the one who cheered as I finished.  He suggested that with the number of pieces I've got, maybe self publishing is not so far-fetched.

Oh I am tired!  It takes a huge amount of energy being terrified, followed by being ecstatic, then euphoric!!  But I am seriously considering going to another Open Mic on Saturday - but I can guarantee I will be at the next Writers' Group at Portico's.  This time I will use my full 5minutes - me and 'my entourage' had to leave to finish some filming.

Filming?? - I hear you ask?  I'll let you know more soon, but it is all about getting healthy, weight gain, mentally happy and moving positively forward!  What's more - it is working :D


Only a little piece today:


What a wonderful world we have
The sky, the trees, the breeze
Sometimes I can't absorb it all
I'm brought slowly to my knees

And just when all seems to be so lost
It's barely a blink of the eye
The world will shift
My heart gets a lift
And that negative moment flies by

For love and hope and friendships
Do fill the silent heart
Patch all the pieces back again
Allowing a brand new start

Go on
Don't stop
He is
You're not




βε(̆̃̃εїϑℯ їռ ოﻪցﻨ८  
☮ ❤ ☺
ℒΦϑє, ʆίφђϮ & ℐﻪ℧ჭɦʈeʁ


Only had the first two lines - the rest, although quite random, just flowed out. I still don't know where it comes from, it just does.

No comments: