Saturday, July 10, 2010

Two extremes...

I didn't think I would have anything in me to write tonight ~ however I need to thank so many people for care and support and understanding.  I did something I never thought I would do and I am mortified, disgusted even, at myself. Suffice to say ~ I was wrong, out of line and to A & ET - - I am so so sorry. Adults should not behave like that - you've had enough mis-truth, false promises & confusion and I blew it for you.


Let's focus on the good stuff...

Today I took many of the pieces of poetry you can read here to a 'real' writer ~ as a mentoring exercise, allowing someone else to read the works with no insight into me or my feelings, thoughts, personality . . . and apparently the pieces are really really good!  What a thrill!!  He could hear the melodies, saw the images I tried to impart, complimented me on the style and asked how much editing or changes I made to each as I wrote them.  See ~ I don't.  WYSIWYG ~ the words come out with either an image, a tune or a key line and it goes from there.

So he opened a letter from a lady friend in the UK and took a few words and said write me something in 5 mins.  This was the first line : "so it wasn't a romance" and this is what I wrote:


So it wasn't a romance
One I'd choose for me
But it was a most romantic time
Just like I'd hope it'd be

You took me to the garden
Laid a blanket on the grass
We talked & smiled & laughed & drank
This time's not made to last

If only for a moment
My heart belonged to you
And the memories I took away
Always seem so new


WELL ~ apparently it is not so common to write with such rhyme & rhythm without editing or searching for words that 'fit'.  Glad no one told me that because it would have made me doubt my works - 'cause I am good at doubting myself.  *grins*

So next challenge - which I have chosen to accept - is to write a short story.  Have no idea what to write.  It was wonderful to know I'm going in the right direction - and I am really thinking this writing for a career could be an all right way to go...

Night lovely people ~ please know you have made me feel so loved and cared for.  Sara - thank you for getting me started as writing for others.  You will be thanked in the cover of the first published book - in 12pt at least *winks*
Richard read my pieces for the first time tonight - he seriously almost cried.  He said after 16years I still surprise and amaze him.


2 comments:

Lindy T said...

it made me cry!

~ Mands! (on-a-mission) ;o) said...

OMGosh - really Lindy!? I hope more of joy - thank you. I don't really know what to say...