Tuesday, July 20, 2010

See there were these two bums . . .


I'll be heading back to the Happy House this weekend - and while there has been some homework assigned I have, of course, done it a little differently. *cheeky*  See, as homework it is ordered, boring and therefore I can't get into it.  I can, however, get into the joys of this blog so I combined the two.  That's what the pleasant experience, daily news and points of gratitude are all about.  It's kind of good to have them to look back on.

The countdown to Kirra Kirra / Coffs Harbour has begun.  The Kirra accommodation is booked and we are considering staying at the TreeTop resort in Coffs if we don't stay with friends.  For three days, mid week its a bargain.  This is part of the Wyndham Holiday Owners accommodation which have membership and would be happy to refer anyone on to *hint hint* and we have this for life!  Come on GlowCave convention - - getting airfares Friday as there might be bargains for the end of month travellers.


It's been as icy as these last few morning - and today the crew were in at 645 to capture the morning as it happened.  Oh boy - it happened.  *roars of laughter*  My alarm went off at 730 - hit it.  MyMan rang in at 735 - answered, hung up. The alarm went off again at 739 - hit it again.  Moaned, groaned and grumbled so the 'other' alarm went off to keep the momentum going.  Hit it. MyMan called again, answered and sat up.  Lay back down again.  It was cold and I am really not a morning kinda-gal.  Still up and moving by 750.

To quote Dolly, I tumbled out of bed and stumbled to the kitchen, put on the kettle and added wood to the fire, started cutting up fruit and got the yoghurt out.  Small boy was impressed, more so when his eyes opened. *grins*  We sat, chatted, he got dressed, I made lunch and we left the house (another time for the camera please) and left the house, and made it to school on time.  Huzzah!!


Oh listen to the rain as it falls down
The sound of tears from above
Watering the ground

Not a little shower, a dumping of a storm
Grey clouds racing by
Watering the lawn

The frogs play on happily as the darkness falls
Throaty chatter calling out
Occasionally a pause

The noise of day time happenings come slowly to an end
When the light returns to us
It's time to start again

Live, love, life



Today's visit out to Buninyong was so good to do - getting out and about is exciting.  I am so grateful to have friends who not only care, but are willing to give a little of themselves and not demand things go their way; no unsaid rules to inadvertently breach; that pleasant encouragement makes me stronger as a person and as a friend.  It is so good to be able to give back to those who have been by my side with no expectation of returned thanks *smiles*  Of course, now I can offer selflessly in return - that's friendship!

Friendships are so precious aren't they?  There is no possessions in a true friendship, only offers of support and care.  No bitterness, only patience.  The rewards returned are able to be open and honest.  While not always as hoped, I am honoured by those who understand the difference.  Today I got to say thank you for that support and care and it was wonderful!  My world is richer for true friends.

I am so grateful and appreciative of the strengths and empowerment I am achieving through Renegade and the Happy House.  I had wanted to share this experience with a special person, but I am glad that was not possible now - I would not be where I am and who I am if I'd continued along that route and maybe, just maybe, the special connection will be reignited in time.


Tomorrow is a day of catch up ~ catch up on invoices *sighs*; catch up on housework *groans*; catch up on picking up the little TV and new (old) toaster *TY Freecycle* and catch up with my husband *big cheesy grin*  - almost tempted to say we'll have pies and ketchup  *cringe* - I mean sauce - for lunch.  Ok - bad joke!!

Dang it - plans change while I type.  Poor hubby is still in the big smoke and not going make it home tonight.  *pouts*  Getting a show organised takes time but these 4-day weeks sometimes seem to have 6 days of work in the them! 

Love to all - the shop is getting ready and hopefully the de-cluttering of the house will be super successful - although I'll be happy with simply successful.

No comments: